Friday, November 14, 2008

Okay I promise..

...not to do this too often but it's a rainy day here and feeling a bit melancholy, I've been leafing through some of my favorite books reading my dogeared pages. Again, the saving grace in all of this is you only have read as much as you care to--everyone is safe here.
This is from The a little talked about book, "The Witch of Portobello," by Paulo Coelho.

"Re-programme yourself every minute of each day with thoughts that make you grow. When you're feeling irritated or confused, try to laugh at yourself. Laugh out loud at this woman tormented by doubts and anxieties, convinced that her problems are the most important thing in the world. Laugh at the sheer absurdity of the situation, at the fact that despite being a manifestation of the Mother, you still believe God is a man who lays down the rules. Most of our problems stem from just that--from following the rules."

I loved this book for so many reasons and the excerpt above doesn't begin give away it's content.

1 comment:

Shan said...

Dearest Fiction Guru, I love the excerpt. Perhaps this should be my next book?